The New Survivalist endorses Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party candidate for the U.S. Presidency, due to his strong stand for a smaller government, fiscal responsibility, and a return to the values set forth by our Founding Fathers in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
In the past TNS has endorsed the Libertarian Party, and the Libertarian Party continues to be held in the highest regard. But after Congressman Ron Paul recently came out with his endorsement of the Constitution Party, I had to take a good look at their platform due to my respect and regard for Ron Paul. I am happy to say that, as usual, I agree with Ron Paul.
As outlined on the official web site at http://www.constitutionparty.com/, the Seven Principles of the Constitution Party are:
1. Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
2. Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
4. Property: Each individual’s right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
5. Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
6. States’ Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government is reserved for the state and local jurisdictions;
7. American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
I agree the Constitution Party when they stated on their web site:
“The Democrats and Republicans have squandered the Founders’ legacy of liberty and justice under the Constitution. Countless government officials in the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of government ignore their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution.”
McCain and Obama both supported the 7 Billion Wall Street Bailout. Both have demonstrated, in my opinion, nothing short of contempt for the Constitution, which they took an oath to uphold and defend. Both have been responsible, along with the other criminals in Washington, for stealing the entire savings that Americans have paid for their Social Security, leaving the Baby Boomers in a perilous condition as they head toward retirement. They should both be in prison, rather than in the White House. They have promoted larger government, in the belief that the solution to our problems is more government, when in fact, as Ronald Regan said, government is not the solution, but the problem!
For more information on the Constitution Party’s candidate, Chuck Baldwin, visit his web site at: